Recently, while interviewing one of our Senior Designers, Kylee, on Facebook Live about patios, I was extremely inspired by some of her suggestions for those *key* signature patio pieces like, a chair swing and chiminea (seriously did not know what those were until she told me but they are awesome). So, I decided to ask our Head of Design what some of her patio game changers were.
Here’s what she said:
1) Don’t skimp on outdoor lighting. Invest in chandeliers, pendants or string lights to create a romantic mood.
2) Hanging chairs create boho vibes, add an element of playfulness and are a great conversation starter.
3) Colorful outdoor rugs add are a great way to add a pop of pattern and color. Try layering them if you’re feeling extra creative!
4) Get patterned umbrellas. Bonus points for fringe!
5) Take a page from Emily Henderson’s book and replace your deck flooring with bold outdoor tiling.
6) Don’t be afraid to add some quirky accents like lawn ornaments for a playful beachy vibe. There’s a reason the lawn flamingos are still very much a thing!
And, here are the patios we’ve been Pinning:
via The Everygirl
via Interiors Addict
via Emily Henderson
Shop our favorite statement making pieces for your patio here!