A garland that’s anything but basic— bring some twinkle and greenery to your fireplace mantel with our DIY version of a holiday classic.
- Micro LED string lights
- Assorted greenery: silver dollar or seeded eucalyptus, lemon leaf, bay leaf, and evergreens are classic options for the season, but get creative with what you can find locally and in season!
- Florist’s wire
- Rope or twine
- Cut your rope or twine to the desired length for your garland — remember if you’re draping this across a mantel, you’ll want enough length to give it a bit of drape, so be sure to account for that!
- Trim your greenery to manageable pieces and remove small leaves or branches from the lower part of the stems.
- Using your wire, wrap the branch to the rope base, making sure it’s secure.
- Repeat these steps along the rope’s full length, ensuring you’re overlapping the branches so you get full coverage over the rope.
- When you’re satisfied w/ the greenery coverage, intertwine your micro LED string lights around the rope + greenery.
- Take a step back and admire your handiwork!
- Hang with Command hooks, or lay it down the center of a long dining table for a dramatic and fragrant tablescape.